Saturday, October 10, 2009

My First Day At ITWorx

The 27th of September was my first working day at ITWorx, one of the companies I dreamed to work in as I was in the university. What was very surprising to me is how they welcomed us. We were four newcomers, one of them is Omar Maher, a dear friend since the university. One after the other entered the company and then to the welcome room, where we had to wait for an hr representative.
After a while, Chatherine Ghazal, the hr representative, welcomed us and took us for a quick tour in the company. Afterwards, she guided each one of us to his office where there was an arrow from the ceiling stating "NEWCOMER HERE". Oh, everybody will be coming in a couple of minutes to see these newcomers, I thought. Before leaving each one alone on his desk, she gave each one his username and password, showed him/her how to access the email account, and took a photograph of each one on his "new desk". While waiting for the people to come and celebrate our first day, I accessed my computer with the username and password she gave me, and I changed the password as instructed.
Zuhr prayer time came, so I went to the nice mosalah in the company. After finishing prayer I returned back to my desk and found a bowl full of small pizza pieces and cakes. Colleagues in the neighborhood began coming one after the other congratulating and getting known to each other. The pizza and cakes were a motivation for lots of people to come and talk. It was a nice day and I hope it will be a good start for my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment